Damp platerboard
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Turtleneck
Labourer
Labourer

Damp platerboard

by Turtleneck » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:20 pm

I live in a top floor flat and after my neighbour immediately below me complained of a water stain on his ceiling, I donned my Sherlock Holmes hat and carried out an investigation in my bathroom.

I discovered damp /wet platerboard under my bath / shower and slightly damp platerboard just above the bath (which is probably due to my dodgy grouting and sealing.

The paper lining on the platerboard has been completely ruined so I have scraped it off. My question is this: is it ok to stick ceramic tiles onto this plasterboard with no paper lining or will they fall off after a short time ? The area in question is only small (approx 6" high by about 15" long). I intend to completely renovate the bathroom in about six months (including replacing all of the plasterboard) so any repair that lasts 6 months is fine by me.

Any help anyone can give would be very much appreciated.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

damp plasterboard

by welsh brickie » Sat May 07, 2011 8:43 am

you could buy a length of plastic and silicone it to the wall over the existing plasterboard

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 am