Damp Problem
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pbirrell
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Problem

Post by pbirrell » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:48 pm

I had a slight flood from the flat above me. It seem their bath or shower wasn't connected properly and the water was dripping into the concrete ceiling for almost a year until it had to find an escape route. The water came through my bathroom light, the bay window in my sitting room and in the kitchen there was serious mould in the corner where my neighbours bath is also the cupboards were rotten with dampness at the back and there was puddles of water on the kitchen counter, the insurance company sent out contractors to repair the damage, which I thought was done properly but now I wonder, that was two years ago.

The problem has returned. There is no water coming through but the bathroom floor is soaking with water, the wooden box that covers the pipes is moulded. In the kitchen there is mould in the exact place again but not only that it is seriously black this time and the back of the kitchen cupboards are soaking. The bay window in the sitting room is seriously black and is spreading along the wall.

I contacted the insurance company about this and they said there was nothing they can do because it is a render problem, I told them that it is the same problem as before and they suggested that I get an expert out to investigate and send a report to them.

Can anyone tell me exactly what is going on and is there a possibility of dry rot?

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

FREE ADVICE

Post by dcmoore » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:35 am