damp proof course MYTH????
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

damp proof course MYTH????

Post by welsh brickie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 pm

For all people who want to know about DPC injection and damp meters.
YouTube have a video "renovation Rising Damp, No suich thing 2"

andy01
Ganger
Ganger

Re: damp proof course MYTH????

Post by andy01 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 am

you might be interested in this summary

http://www.buildingpreservation.com/~bu ... /jhrev.pdf
although this may be biased looking at the website its hosted by

unfortunately if you want to read the papers published by the BRE or british standards to make an informed decision and not just be lead by uniformed people on the inernet, then you will have to pay for them

from what i understand, and i may have this wrong, in addition to BRE finding real world problems and measuring them in a prescribed manner, they also built masonry and blockwork piers in trays of water and left them there for months so that they could take readings in a contolled environment.

i think damp in houses is caused by lots of issues, external ground levels, external render, internal humidity, leaky roofs gutting or pipes generally, blocked cavities, the list seems endless.

tackle everything else first, and if there is still a problem, maybe it is rising damp, after all BRE (who dont make money from people installing damp proof couses) seem to have proven it exists?

just dont believe the guy who only checks for rising damp with a hand held electrical meter and then tries to sell you an injection damp proof course, always get a second or third opinion

what do you think?

SUZYBABE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: damp proof course MYTH????

Post by SUZYBABE » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:38 am

Was watching mike parrets clip on you tube very interesting regarding rising damp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mO8eX0HJrc

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm