Damp Proofing Garage garage Floor to Prevent Damp Coming Thorugh

Postby Salmonboy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:09 pm

I have a garage which is attached to the main house, this is being used as a utility room/storage. Recently I noticed hard black ball shapes coming from the carpet, I looked into this and formed the opinion this was damp. I pulled up the carpet tiles and noticed that there was chipboard underneath which was damp and rotten, this chip board was placed directly on the main garage floor.
I have recently pulled up the capers tiles and wooden chip board so that I just have the original floor.
I have been looking at how to damp proof this, I an happy having the original floor however on looking at various bits online do not know which was to go.

Should I buy KA tanking slurry and a self level compound and paint this?

ShouldCan I/should I buy a paint which I can paint straight on the floor which also acts as a damp proof membrane such as https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Roofin ... fer/p33714
Attachments
image1.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
Salmonboy
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!