Damp Proofing Guarantee for Works
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

DorsetJP
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Proofing Guarantee for Works

by DorsetJP » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:44 am

I’m after some help please. I have a friend who is skilled and experienced in all the necessary works required to fix an issue with damp in my property. It’s what he does as his full time job. This issue I have with rising damp has resulted in extensive works happening in my property which means a complete damp proof course being fitted. We are using high quality materials ( I would never compromise on stuff like this ) and I have complete trust and faith in his workmanship. He is doing this a favour for me which means I won’t have a guarantee. I have appointed an independent Building Contractor to check the works that he is carrying out and he is happy with the progress and agrees with and approves our plans to fix the problem. He is, of course, liaising with the local council.

My question is, are there any organisations (legitimate) where can I pay for someone to check the work has been completed to the required level and therefore endorse the workmanship and materials used but more importantly to obtain a guarantee for the works?

Many thanks in advance.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 am