Damp - re-plastering
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
damp
Labourer
Labourer

Damp - re-plastering

by damp » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:02 am

I have had a dpc course installed 3 years ago. I employed a seperate contractor to do the re-plastering to the correct specifications which they have failed to do. Mould and damp has started to come back through. Can i just knock of all the plaster and just re-plaster correctly to the right spesification will this work or will i have to knock off all the plaster have another dpc and then re-plaster corrrectly. Please help

silverback
Labourer
Labourer

damp

by silverback » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:56 pm

If you are knocking the plaster off anyway it would not be a bad idea to re-inject the brickwork again .You should then use a cement render with damp proof additives .finally skim over with finish plaster ,do not use any type of bonding plaster ,its like blotting paper.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 am

See our project on Damp, DIY damp proof injection and also the one on Damp; Repairing walls after treatment. The company that sponsors both of these projects will give you free, no obligation advice on projects like this.

pennyiniko
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Walls

by pennyiniko » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:51 pm

[quote="thedoctor"]See our project on Damp, DIY damp proof injection and also the one on Damp; Repairing walls after treatment. The company that sponsors both of these projects will give you free, no obligation advice on projects like this.[/quote]

to the doctor, please can you give me the website of that company, as i have just founf out that i have a terrible damp in my house and one of my rooms is in terrible shape

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:25 pm