DIY Doctor


Postby suezanne » Fri May 07, 2010 9:16 am


New here, looking for help with rising damp and tree like black stuff growing on living room wall. Had damp course many years ago and company now gone bust, 25 yr guarantee no good. Looking for something to treat walls with. It's an old terraced house.
Many Thanks

suezanne :(
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 9:05 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat May 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Wash the walls with water then treat with chlorine - do wear rubber gloves.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4053
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby sherllin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:30 am

HI suezanne

Is the wall is wet or moisture is there. cause wetness and moisture give birth to mold. mold is a type of fungus.It has foully smell and is green and black in colour.
may be the black spot you are having on wall is mold. If the wall is wet try to dry it out with the help oh humidifier. Rub the wall with the help of brush or cloth to clean up.
If this suggestion helps you out then its really good otherwise you may contact a water damage repair company. or do consult with a specialist.

Sherllin :)
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics