Damp wall - urgent advice required
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mrspotter
Labourer
Labourer

Damp wall - urgent advice required

by mrspotter » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi. I live in an old property and just stripped textured paper off the wall to uncover a large area of damp and mould on upper part of wall. we are quite high up & i think the wall is affected by weather. i am not sure who to call out - a surveyor, builder, roofer? please advise if you can! we only moved in 4 weeks ago & had a full structural survey on the property so i am a bit disappointed as we have found this and a window is rotten. i think the whole front of house needs waterproofing and i have some water seal from wickes but am not sure who to employ to paint it on as i am not going to get up a ladder that high! thank you in advance :?: :(

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:42 pm

You don't say if the damp patch is upstairs or downstairs ? is it a house / bungalow.
Are gutters blocked / leaking ?
Could it just be condensation cause by poor ventilation ?

If you had a full structural survey done on the property, not sure what the regulations are but I'd say contact them and see what they recommend, and ask why it wasn't picked up during the survey

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 am