Darker edge to walls
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
seasider
Labourer
Labourer

Darker edge to walls

Post by seasider » Mon May 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi,

Last week a painted a room I recently had skimmed. I applied a watered down base coat of white emulsion and then a second of slightly less watered down. This gave me my starting base coat.

I then applied 2 coats of a Dulux Pharoahs Gold emulsion to the walls. However after the second coat there is a definate darker colour to some edges where the walls meet and between the ceiling and wall. I do not understand how this has happened as I cut in the edges as a friend followed me around rolling the walls.

However I now have the situation where the main walls are the colour I want (light yellow to orange colour) but the edges are more towards and orange.

Firstly I cannot understand why more of this colour would cause a different shade to occur, surely the paint should be the same colour? Could it be because I used a brush for the edges the angle of the brush strokes is causing it to look this way?

Secondly how can I resolve this? I am considering rolling the walls again but not edging the walls to see if this helps to even it up. My fear is making it even worse by doing this.

Any advice greatly accepted. I have a new carpet coming at the weekend so not long to resolve this.

Thanks,

Glenn

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Wed May 23, 2007 6:34 am

A brush used when cutting in always lays on more paint than a roller and sometimes the middle need s to have tow or three coats more than the edges if the edges, when cut in, are not brushed out fully.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:28 am