DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Dealing with damp

Postby sprogg68 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:21 pm

I live in a 1860s terraced house. Floor corner cupboard in kitchen that is on external and party wall smells damp and I can see that some of the plaster has blown behind it. I am assuming that I will need to get someone in to inject damp proofing into external and party walls and internally they will then need replastering. Does this sound about right ? (will entail removing all kitchen base units, worktop etc). Any ideas?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:12 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 pm

You need to establish the cause of the damp before doing anything, since the problem is in a kitchen it may be condensation from cooking.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4545
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics