Decking Around Half of Pond
Ask questions and find answers on all your decking problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
g0ggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Decking Around Half of Pond

by g0ggs » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi I’m pretty new to diy and want to try to put down some decking quarter way around a small pond.
I’m not sure how to begin as all the decking instructions I see are for simple shapes. The shape I want to do is to basically copy the pond shape in a quarter circle .
Any suggestions on how to get started are very welcome!
Thanks
G
Attachments
DA42EF15-0826-489F-B27F-F11F358F9E2B.jpeg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Decking Around Half of Pond

by stoneyboy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi g0ggs,
Assuming you wish to follow the curve of the pond you will need to draw a tangent at the middle of your proposed curve then draw a line at right angles to this..
This will dictate the line of the decking boards.
You will need bearers at about 450mm centres parallel to the tangent, I would recommend these are laid on occasional paving slabs to keep the bearers off the ground.
Regards S

g0ggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Decking Around Half of Pond

by g0ggs » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 pm

stoneyboy wrote: about 450mm centres parallel to the tangent, I would recommend these are laid on occasional paving slabs to keep the bearers off the ground.
Regards S

Hi thanks S for your reply! That’s so annoying I just chucked out some paving slabs I could have used! Ah well. Only thing is there is concrete stones on there anyway (not sure if you saw the photo I uploaded) would it be sufficient if it’s just on those rather than on additional slabs or is it just to keep it off the floor?

Also Does the decking need to be secured down or is it fine just resting on paving slabs?

Thanks
G

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:29 pm