Demarcation lines on interior door frames.
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ajay1945
Labourer
Labourer

Demarcation lines on interior door frames.

by ajay1945 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:40 pm

I'm painting bedroom doors and frames internally with a different shade of white to that on the landing side. I don't know where the boundary between the 2 colours should be, and also where to change the colour on the doors.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:30 pm

arbitrary of course, but this is how i would do it.

assuming the door opens inwards into the room then keep the spine of the door the same colour as the landing side, since it can't be seen from the room. likewise the leading edge should be the same colour as the room side of the door since it can't be seen from the landing but can be seen from the room.

with regard to the frame, paint up to the door stop, but not the face of the doorstop, with the colour for the room side.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:02 pm