DEWALT (vs. Makita) Cordless Drill Help Needed
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
olipct
Labourer
Labourer

DEWALT (vs. Makita) Cordless Drill Help Needed

by olipct » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:38 am

Hi all,

First time posting here so please excuse incompetence.

We bought a DEWALT DCD776 to help with our home renovation. It's been through some light to medium work so far and has generally been really good to use. Recently, we have found that inserting screws (any type) has been challenging - the drill will come out of the screw head repeatedly, almost in a continuous pattern, making it almost impossible to use.

We think the issue is that the drill and drill bits aren't spinning correctly. We have tried different bits and they all seem to have a similar outcome. The chuck also seems to be not turning correctly. I've attached videos to help show the problem on the DEWALT, and I've also attached videos of our Makita that is turning with no issues yet is much older and has also been through some hard work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Could anyone help with this issue? Have we diagnosed it correctly? Can I fix this or is this something warranty could cover?

My partners Dad has a couple of DEWALT drills too and his have the same 'problem', but he is adamant that it's nothing to worry about?!

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Not particularly handy so this is all a bit alien to me!

Many thanks,
Oli

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: DEWALT (vs. Makita) Cordless Drill Help Needed

by stoneyboy » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:27 pm

Hi olipct,
Try fitting a twist drill in your Dewalt, if this runs true then the problem is with your adaptor. If not the cheapest option would be to replace the chuck which your supplier may or may not be willing to do under warranty.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:53 am