Dewalt XR System and Sander Options
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

mattie_g
Labourer
Labourer

Dewalt XR System and Sander Options

by mattie_g » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi all

We moved up to Scotland a few years back but left most of our belonging - including tools - in the loft down south. We've bought a flat up here and I'm taking the opportunity to replace some of the DIY tools with better versions (recognising that my cordless power tool batteries are most likely dead by now).

I bought a dewalt driver/drill as it was on special offer, it's the DCD709D2T model with two batteries- although only 2AH.

I'm after a sander for some decorating, would I be best off going for a dewalt XR system sander to reuse batteries or just getting a cheaper corded version? We'll be doing skirting board and door frames, and cords can be a (literal) drag but the cordless models are quite pricey. My main worry is that - in my inexperienced experience using cheap tools - sanding can take a quite a bit of time and effort and the batteries would be a limiting factor.

Is there much benefit to investing in a dewalt, or would a £30 bosch from the usual sheds do just as good a job?

All advice gratefully received.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:34 am