All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teddy1979
Labourer
Labourer

Dirty Hot Water!

by teddy1979 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi all and merry xmas,

Only today have i noticed that my hot water is running out dirty while the cold is fine and clear and was wondering if its the hot water cylinder immersion heater or the heat exchanger inside the water cylinder or something else? ive tried draining the water system but it still appears. I have a back boiler system could that be part of teh problem? will i need to replace the hot water cylinder? can anyone please help?

Cheers Ashley.

ollie83
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie83 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:50 am

This is a bad problem. You don't say what type of hot water system you have but it sounds like you have a hot water cylinder with a split coil. If you have 2 tanks in your loft one big and one small you may find that one of them will overflow as the higher one fills it. prob the big tank will be overflowing in the morning until you use some hot or cold water. you will have to replace the cylinder to solve this problem. good luck

ollie83
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie83 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:52 am

This is a bad problem. You don't say what type of hot water system you have but it sounds like you have a hot water cylinder with a split coil. If you have 2 tanks in your loft one big and one small you may find that one of them will overflow as the higher one fills it. prob the big tank will be overflowing in the morning until you use some hot or cold water. you will have to replace the cylinder to solve this problem. good luck

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:18 am

How many header tanks have you in the loft? It is possible you have a primatic system that has lost the airlock.

teddy1979
Labourer
Labourer

by teddy1979 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:47 pm

Hi there,

I have one small water holder in the loft and one cylinder in the cupboard in the bedroom, does that help? im not sure what kind of system it is. please could yous get back to me with an answer if you can?

cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:43 am