Dismantling Existing Conservatory - How practical???
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PARAAL
Labourer
Labourer

Dismantling Existing Conservatory - How practical???

by PARAAL » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:18 am

I have an existing Victorian conservatory ( came with house) but I find the French doors on on the wrong side (for me).
How easy is it to swap doors with glass panels from the other side?.
Obviously alot of the plastics parts / trim clip together and are difficult to undo.
I presume I would have to remove roof, then eaves beam and finally separate window / door panels i.e. reverse order of buliding.
How are the window panels joined together? - they seem to have an H section joiner - how is this secured?

ollie7489
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie7489 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:49 am

The first thing is to find out how they are joined together, the normal way is with screws fixed through from the fixed light on either side of the doors. If there is a top light you should be able to see one in there. The roof is normally screwed down through the ring beam into the top of the window and door so even if you don't have to strip the roof down these screws need to be removed. It is possible to take frames out without dismantling the roof but you have to be sure it is fixed properly to the house wall and support the roof , I would use an acrow with a big boy under the ring beam (you can hire these from a hire shop). Without knowing whose roof it is I can not give you any more advice as they are all different Hope this helps Les

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:45 pm