Distance between sink and cooker hob.
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
marie060968
Labourer
Labourer

Distance between sink and cooker hob.

by marie060968 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 pm

Please could you tell me what is the regulation with regards to having a cooker hob next to a sink.

ericmark

by ericmark » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:06 am

This would all depend on manufactures recommendations the hob is fixed so no consideration as to plugs or sockets falling into sink and with ceramic hobs everything is often sealed with touch controls etc. Water on touch controls can stop them working and hobs that are not sealed too well may have problems but since it is expected that pans boil over from time to time to have a hob that is not able to have the odd splash of water would not make much sense. May be some building regulation rule but as far as I am aware no electrical rule.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:35 am

On another post on this site I see sockets should be more that one foot from sink or hob it seems he found rule in full Part P book. I have asked if law, regulation, recommendation but no answer. But if sockets are one foot a hob is not likely to be any more.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:16 am

do you mean electric hob or gas hob ?

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:57 pm