Diy Asbestos removal in 1950's Bungalow
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

Suntor
Labourer
Labourer

Diy Asbestos removal in 1950's Bungalow

by Suntor » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi there,a quick asbestos removal question.I have recently bought a 1950's bungalow which has a single brick outer skin and an inner skin that is made up of 2 sheets of asbestos with insulation in between.I'm not sure what the insulation is made up of but I don't think it's loose fibres.The asbestos sheets are about 2ft wide and floor to ceiling in height.A couple of mates of mine a year or two back had similar properties,they got a local skip company to drop off a dedicated asbestos skip and they got all kitted up and removed all the asbestos walls themselves,then the skip was taken away.It was certainly the cheapest way to do the job.My main question is do any of you good people out there know if it is still possible to carry out the job this way,I am by the way a competent diy'er with many years experience.I am out of the UK at the moment so I don't have to much contact at the present but I thought I would start to put some feelers out.Any help or advice will be great.

It is currently Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:23 am