DIY novice needs help with drip & leaking kitchen mixer
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tractorboy
Labourer
Labourer

DIY novice needs help with drip & leaking kitchen mixer

by Tractorboy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi. I am not a plumber but am keen to try to learn how to fix our dripping and leaking Carron Phoenix Aztec mixer tap in our kitchen.
If possible, I'd rather repair it than be wasteful and replace the whole thing.

The tap drips constantly and when we run it for cold water (and maybe hot), it leaks around the base of the outlet pipe near the o-ring. We live in a hard water area.

Tried to contact Carron Phoenix by email and phone and they have not replied or answered, so would appreciate some help.

The installation guide says this tap has a ceramic disk cartridge. Does this need replacing and if yes, can you get these anywhere or do I have to try need to contact this manufacturer?

Is this job easy to do or should I admit defeat and call in a plumber? Not sure about the tools I need either.

Thanks for your help.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu May 01, 2008 12:06 pm

It's either one of the cartridges or the seal for the spout.

Taking them apart is not usually a problem. For the spout you'll need to find where the little screw is located though and have the correct allen key to undo it - usually provided with the tap.

If you aren't getting any joy from carron make a nuisance of yourself until you do. Escalate you query upwards until you do get help. wrte to the Company Secretary NOT the MD and complain about poor customer support. MDs can ignore letters or pass them downwards.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:19 pm