Do i need planning permisson?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jugmaine
Labourer
Labourer

Do i need planning permisson?

Post by jugmaine » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:46 am

earlier this year with the help of a friend i removed an internal wall in my kitchen. I also removed my back door and a window. i have replaced the door with a d/g window and the old window with d/g french doors.

can anyone tell me if i should of sought planning before carrying out the works and if there are any consequences because i want to move on next year?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:35 pm

Hi jugmaine,
Yes if the internal wall is load bearing you should have had structual calculations done by an engineer and building controls in.
The door and window should have been installed by a fensa registered person.
I the case that either or both of these have not had been done as the above you will have to apply to building controls at local council office for a Regularisation order/certificate. That means they will come round and inspect the work carried out and that it has been done correctly.
If internal wall is load bearing, they will ask for calcs and they will want to see what you have put in as regards as support. windows should comply to fire regs.
Best of Luck,
Regards
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1