Do Single Operation (turn off) Timers Exist?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Grandad99
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do Single Operation (turn off) Timers Exist?

by Grandad99 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:16 am

Is there such a thing? The only timer that I have switches on and off at selected times, I want to just switch off.

The battery in my electric bike is built into the frame so I have to charge it in the shed. For peace of mind I would like to make sure that the power is turned off even if I forget to go out and switch off.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Do Single Operation (turn off) Timers Exist?

by ericmark » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Yes you can get them, however what I used was a smart socket, the problem with most of the timers is how to mount them, I would look at immersion heater timers, some have the option for a 2 or 4 hour boost, they may suit what you want.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

by Mr White » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:46 pm

They do, but most only run up to ten minutes at most, you can get electronic versions but they don't run much longer and are not cheap.

Why don't you buy a sonoff unit, put a plug and socket on it, and set it up via the app, and if you forget you can turn it off from the app.

You could even use a mechanical timer with most of it set to off, then set it so its on for the charge time, you then plug it in and then it would turn off giving you chance to remember it is going to come on, so you will have time to unplug it.

Grandad99
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Grandad99 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:42 pm

Thanks - will go with the mechanical timer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:22 pm