Does 1 room have to have energy saving lightbulbs?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
iceberg
Labourer
Labourer

Does 1 room have to have energy saving lightbulbs?

by iceberg » Tue May 15, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post and I'm new to the DIY arena so would appreciate any advice.
I'm about to finish refurbishing a property I recently bought.
The property required complete rewiring and I had specified that I wanted recessed spotlights in all the rooms.
My builder sourced an electrician to do the rewire and install the spotlights but, on completion of the work, I discovered that, in the smallest bedroom, the lights that were installed were 'energy-saving spotlights'.
All the lights in the other rooms are 'normal spotlights' and my builder says that elecrical regulations state that one room needs to use 'energy-saving bulbs'. Is this correct?

Does one room need to have these to get the safety signoff certificate (not sure of the official title of this document).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue May 15, 2007 6:01 pm

Hi yes all new & 'substantially refurbished' properties do need a certain no. of low energy fittings which must be in habitable rooms ie not just the toilet! this is a bldg regs. requirement under energy saving rules, did you know that the government have just signed an agreement which will totally outlaw all non fluorescent or LED lamps in less than 3years time!!!!!!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:46 pm