Does any1 have any exp of Amtico vinyl?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
davew25
Labourer
Labourer

Does any1 have any exp of Amtico vinyl?

by davew25 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Looking at changing the flooring in our kitchen and weve been looking @ amtico, they've gopt money off at the moment - £58p/m instead of £70p/m

Has anybody had it fitted before? Weve been looking at the black slate you can see it here:
Google "amtico.com/summer/"

Is it easy to lay DIY or worth getting someone in to fit it?

Cheers,
Dave! :roll:

DaveT
Labourer
Labourer

by DaveT » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi Dave,

I had a go fitting Amtico spacia planks myself and im fairly happy with the result. I ordered the planks and got really, really helpful advice from Design Flooring about how to go about it - Google "designflooringltd.co.uk"
I think it was Toby I spoke to.

The main things were;
Floor preparation!! the floor needs to be smooth. If it is flooboards, then you need to fit 6mm plyboard 1st. If its a concrete floor, as mine was then you need to apply a latex screed ( this I had done by a local fitter )

Apply the adhesive with a trowel blade, let the adhesive go off slightly and then start laying the planks. The planks were fairly easy to cut ( but I fitted the skirting boards after which made it easier )
Overall, yes its not too difficult, but as I ended up with so much adhesive over my hands and it took me a whole sunday to fit my WC, I will get a fitted quote next time!

Good luck!

Graemek
Labourer
Labourer

by Graemek » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 am

I have laid loads of Amtico - the previous post hits the nail on the head - preparation, preparation!

The sub floor must be sound smooth and dry - either lay a 6mm plywood over timber floors or latex screed over concrete (follow manufacturers instructions especially when comes to DPM).

I think Amtico is the best vinyl flooring out there!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:45 pm