DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Does Anyone Know What This is on my Internal Walls on Party Wall and Fireplace

Postby Dragan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:54 am

Yesterday I noticed these two areas on my living room wall. 1 area is on the partition wall with the neighbours, the other is on the side of the fireplace.

It looks like it could be fungal and appears to be under the paint rather than on top of it. This is very recent and am perplexed as to what it is - and if it needs any kind of specialist treatment.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this matter but would appreciate any help. Cheers.


Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:54 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby welsh brickie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:10 pm

its called efflorescence, caused by damp in the base material, use a paint scraper to remove it and paint a PVA solution over the affected area, this should stop it.
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics