Does Painted Pebbledash = Condensation
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stroudi
Labourer
Labourer

Does Painted Pebbledash = Condensation

by stroudi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi.
about 4 years ago I painted our old pebbledashed house with an oil based exterior paint that was recommended to me by the paint company. I followed the instructions to the T by thinning the first coat then applying the second.

Last year we had a big problem for the first time with condensation. (there are no trickle vents anywhere) This year we are having a major problem with condensation. I have almost got it under control with opening windows as I guess that the house needs to breathe. What I need is info about what size vents are needed per room size.

Also water is running down the wall where there is no condensation.
The water running down the wall I am guessing is ice that is melting but cannot think how it is getting through, under or over the exterior wall (single skin) unless it is coming in from the roof.

But ice is obviously water and I cannot think how it can get into the roof as water to freeze then melt!!

This is slowly destroying our property and any help or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
John

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Dont think its a decorator you need to speak to bud, If there is water getting it you need to find where 1st doubt it has anything to do with the exterior paint,

Do you have building insurance? I would give them a call and get someone out to check it.

Good luck with it tho dampness isnt good partly why i have asthma.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 pm