door handles to cover 55mm hole
Post your questions and get answers concerning many areas of this subject

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kerrix
Labourer
Labourer

door handles to cover 55mm hole

Post by kerrix » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:29 pm

I need to replace door handles on interior doors - have removed old privacy door knob to find a 50mm hole that goes all the way through the door. I wanted to fit standard lever handles in place of the privacy locks but because of the large hole the handle cannot be screwed onto wood of door. Any ideas of where i can buy handles with large diameter rose or does anyone have any idea what to use to fill the hole?

Many thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:53 pm

kerrix,
I doubt you will find handles large enough to cover that hole.
Pick the handles you want to fit and the find a local sheet matal working firm and get them to make cover plates in the same material.
end

FyreSide
Labourer
Labourer

Find the Right Door Handle

Post by FyreSide » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Dear Kerrix,

I wouldn't head over to the sheet metal shop just yet. Have you tried looking online google "Ironmongerydirect.co.uk"
There are many different type of handles, that might have you thinking twice about going to have a custom built backing done for your door.

Cheers

stevebow
Labourer
Labourer

Post by stevebow » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:30 am

You could Google "lordsofnottinghill.co.uk" they have a range of ironmongery and other products

RussTaz
Labourer
Labourer

Post by RussTaz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:08 pm

stevebow wrote:You could Google "lordsofnottinghill.co.uk" they have a range of ironmongery and other products
I would suggest filling the hole with 2 part timber fill that comes with a hardener and can then be sanded down but more importantly it can then be drilled to suit your handle.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:09 pm