Dot & Dab - internal window plasterboad advise?
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
worm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dot & Dab - internal window plasterboad advise?

by worm » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:23 pm

I've just had my kitchen window moved and fitted!!!

Now in the process of boarding out the internal surfaces.

All is complete bar the sill?? There is still the cavity exposed, what is the best solution to use here to fill cavity?

Expanding foam? However may all just drop down cavity....so loads will be required!!!

Pack it out??? Advice please so I can finish this job!!

There is no external cavity to rest the board on, so really need this cavity to be ridgid as poss!!!

many thanks

ollyburton
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Dot & Dab - internal window plasterboad advise?

by ollyburton » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 pm

worm wrote:I've just had my kitchen window moved and fitted!!!

Now in the process of boarding out the internal surfaces.

All is complete bar the sill?? There is still the cavity exposed, what is the best solution to use here to fill cavity?

Expanding foam? However may all just drop down cavity....so loads will be required!!!

Pack it out??? Advice please so I can finish this job!!

There is no external cavity to rest the board on, so really need this cavity to be ridgid as poss!!!

many thanks
hello there you need cavity closers they are rigid plastic strips which fit into cavity screwfix or builders merchant should stock them you need to measure cavity width.
________
GAA engine
Last edited by ollyburton on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:30 am