Garage planning Permission
Following the recent Planning permission changes 1st of October 2008 these are the new planning rules.
· Will your new garage be within 5 metres of your house?
· Will the garage be nearer to a “Road” than any part of the “Original House” and be within 20 metres of the “Road”?
· Will the garage have an eaves height over 2.5 metres and will the height of the garage ridge be over 4 metres (13ft 1ins)?
· If the garage is to have a flat roof, will it be higher than 3m (9ft 9ins)?
· Will the garage be over 2.5 metres in height within two metres of a boundary?
· Will more than half the area of land around the "original house"* be covered by additions or other buildings?
· Is your garage for business use?
· Is your property In a National Park, the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty or World Heritage Site, the maximum area to be covered by buildings, enclosures, containers and pools more than 20 metres from house to be limited to 10 square metres.
I hope this clears up this grey area as we have been receiving a lot of Retrospective Planning Applications due to the changes.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!