Double glazing - Indemnity
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kay2102
Labourer
Labourer

Double glazing - Indemnity

Post by kay2102 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:39 am

I am currently in the middle of buying my first house. Which has pvc double glazed windows in it, the seller says that they were installed in 2002, but doesn't say wehether it was before the 2002 regulations came into effect. Whether it was before or after, he didn't get consent for them. He is offering indemnity insurance, but i don't fully understand this. Should i still go ahead with it?

purct
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Double glazing - Indemnity

Post by purct » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:00 pm

[quote="kay2102"]I am currently in the middle of buying my first house. Which has pvc double glazed windows in it, the seller says that they were installed in 2002, but doesn't say wehether it was before the 2002 regulations came into effect. Whether it was before or after, he didn't get consent for them. He is offering indemnity insurance, but i don't fully understand this. Should i still go ahead with it?[/quote]

Hi,

OK, as you know from apr 2002 you needed to get someone FENSA registered to install the windows or go through building control to ensure that they are to spec. If the windows were installed by someone FENSA registered the seller should have the paperwork. Ask the seller if it was pre or post new regs. if it was post new regs ask the seller to get retrospective build regs. if it was before you shouldn't have any issues.

All the best.

tonnee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tonnee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:45 am

Hi,

If you visit the FENSA website you can type in the property address and it will tell you if the windows fitted are FENSA registered, if they are you can ask for a copy of the FENSA cert from them for £10.

Rgds

Tony

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:55 pm