DIY Doctor

Doughnut Washer Size for 15 Year old Toilet

Postby Buffyrose » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi - I am replacing the doughnut washer - I’ve got the thing off and last week took advice from bathroomspareparts. They advised I would need this https://www.bathroomspareparts.co.uk/du ... 7192-p.asp but on studying it I see it is 100mm and 70 whereas I need 80 and 55mm. It is for a discontinued, approx 15 year old Twyford close coupled loo. The existing washer is hexagonal inside to fit the nut. There is also no clamp - is that not always needed? I’m a retired female DIYer, only doing this because impossible to get a plumber at the moment. Thanks everyone.
Buffyrose
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi buffyrose,
Have a look on eBay, you should find the right size.
There is no need for the washer to have a hexagonal centre..
Regards S.
stoneyboy

Postby Buffyrose » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:18 am

Thanks - realises it’s not hexagonal, just the impressions of the nut madeit look hexagonal. Spare orders and hope to reassemble today.
Buffyrose
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!