Downlight issue
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kudos
Labourer
Labourer

Downlight issue

by Kudos » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:34 pm

I have 6 downlights that were wired into an extension I had built a couple of years ago. 2 of the halogen bulbs failed recently so I thought the bulbs needed repleacing but on checking the bulbs are fine.
However the small circular fittings (sorry i'm no electrician) that the bulbs screw into have both become slightly blackened (worryingly) and need replacing. I can't seem to find these on-line or in B&Q style outlets - basically there are 2 wires coming through each ceiling hole per downlight and I need to reconnect with new fittings.
Can someone steer me in the right direction please ?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Downlight issue

by BLAKEY1963 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:56 pm

[quote="Kudos"]I have 6 downlights that were wired into an extension I had built a couple of years ago. 2 of the halogen bulbs failed recently so I thought the bulbs needed repleacing but on checking the bulbs are fine.
However the small circular fittings (sorry i'm no electrician) that the bulbs screw into have both become slightly blackened (worryingly) and need replacing. I can't seem to find these on-line or in B&Q style outlets - basically there are 2 wires coming through each ceiling hole per downlight and I need to reconnect with new fittings.
Can someone steer me in the right direction please ?[/quote]

KUDOS
Ideally if u could remove fitting and take to an electrical
wholesaler , they could try 2 match one 4 u.
alternative take a photograph / image to compare.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 pm