downstairs central heating problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
handyman2
Apprentice
Apprentice

downstairs central heating problem

by handyman2 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi all
to continue with problem back flushed system, still confused though when I drained down there was still water in downstairs radiators I had to remove a downstairs radiator to drain out through the pipe, next I used a hose pipe to put mains water through the feed pipe inside the small header tank but this just came out of the overflow pipe that overflows into the small header tank now I am really baffled any help please.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:46 am

Why Handy man where you using a hose pipe to refill the system? Let the system fill natuarally through the feed tank via the ball cock. Make sure all radiator valves are open including any thermostatic radiator valves. Make sure the pump valves are fully open as are any other valves in the system. If after draining down you have water in radiators that means ther is insufficent head in the system to push this water out and or the drain dock is not the lowest point of the system, not uncommon. If after refilling the system not all the radiators get hot, bleed those that do not, balance the system using the lockshield valves, check pump speed and turn up the speed it not already on max. Turn up the boiler thermostat to max and leave alone after that. If after all of these thing you can still not get all of the radiators to work, admit defeat and call in a heating engineer.

handyman2
Apprentice
Apprentice

by handyman2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:30 pm

hi Heating Doctor maybe didn't explain to well i used the hose pipe to try and force water through system and back out through drain cock, but when i put hose pipe into the feed connection in the bottom of the tank water came out of the overflow back into the tank that his why i am baffled???

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1