DIY Doctor

drafty single pane windows - sealant?

Postby Lorena » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Rented house with drafty single pane windows. Some of them are missing bits of pointing (i think that's what it's called) around the frame. Looks like the panes are held in place with a white mass that has fallen off in chunks. Can I just patch up these missing bits by applying a window sealant? If so, which one is recommended?

Also I read elsewhere in this site that absorbent strips can be fixed to windows to prevent condensation. Which type and where in the window please?

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:04 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics