Drainage on front upvc door and gaskets (gaps)
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
leon3000
Labourer
Labourer

Drainage on front upvc door and gaskets (gaps)

Post by leon3000 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Ok this is edited post .I got front and garden upvc doors ,on the both doors double glazing is atached to sticky tape (gasket) and each of them got one gap (3 mm) on edges in which when is heavy rain water gets in and drains thru holes in bottom.My question is should i live those gaps or I should close them whith silicone or they supposed to be like that.?
And next question is :I found drain holes on garden door but I cannot find them on the front door ,where are they .Any experts in this forum ?
thanks in advance

tim reeve
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by tim reeve » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:02 pm

no you cant block the holes with silicone they are for drainage,your door without holes has proberly got a cill on it and the holes are conceald.hope this helps.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm