Drainage question
Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Erwin35
Labourer
Labourer

Drainage question

by Erwin35 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi all, we have a very steep rockery in our garden adjacent to our lawn. When it rains we have a lot of runoff water collecting on the lawn. So we are thinking of installing a drainage channel. (Google Here: "hauraton.com/en/AQUAbau/DRAINFIX_CLEAN/index.php").
Is this a good solution? Or are there better and cheaper ways of getting rid of the water?

Many thanks
Erwin

wagon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Drainage question

by wagon » Fri May 11, 2012 9:32 pm

I do not know if this would help in your situation but you could try:-
required plastic dustbin, water pump and energy.
Dig a hole in the area that suffers the most, it needs to accommodate the dust bin, which after cutting holes in the sides is put in the hole, put the pump in the dust bin make a small hole in the lid for the pumps cable to be fed through, make a second hole for the drainage pipe, apply lid and cover with turf, the drainage pipe can be concealed under a lawn and or round the back of a boarder.
The excess water gathers in the dust bin and is pumped away I have had this system in place for a water logged garden for many yaers and it works.

Philston
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Philston » Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 am

That is a good idea wagon, what sort of plastic would you need (dumb question but i'm sure a cheap bin would last about a week in a wet environment)

wagon
Apprentice
Apprentice

by wagon » Thu May 31, 2012 2:44 pm

A plastic dustbin is sufficient, and has been in place for many years without any ' plastic ' problems. If you required a sturdier bin how about a wheelie bin, or water butt, you would have to dig much bigger holes for these, I do not know why you think the bin would only last a week.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:05 am