DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby Temba » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Neighbour's drive's rain water is discharged on to our drive flooding front of our house. What can we do?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:28 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:11 pm

Contact your local council planning department, they should come out and offer advice and a solution they should also be able to tell you who's responsibility it is.

Or as i've said in another post - it may be petty - but if the neighbour is unapproachable or isn't bothered. I would install edging stones or a wall then the water build up would be their problem - you'd soon see the problem sorted then
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby rosebery » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Check your deeds for covenants. I live "downslope" from my neighbour who has "right of drainage". Equally I have right of drainage over the next neighbour down the hill.

If that's the case you can do nothing about it. Blocking it off isn't an option because you deny the "right" if it exists.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics