Drainage test
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Devallon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Drainage test

by Devallon » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Had a building inspector visit site today to check on an rsj. He saw a new drainage connection and wants to come back to do a test. Can anyone please tell me what is involved and how do I test before hand to make sure I get a pass ?
Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Devallon,
Buy yourself a bung to fit in the pipe into the first inspection chamber after the new connection.
Fit the bung and run water into the drain until it appears at the first point up stream from the new connection where you can see it - may be loo or next inspection chamber.
Stop filling the drain and the water level should not drop appreciably.
Note: tie a string round the bung and fix outside the inspection chamber before you start.
Note: if your system is clay pipes you are likely to get some seepage.
end

Devallon
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Devallon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks stoneyboy, very helpful advice.
Brest - Devallon

[quote="stoneyboy"]Devallon,
Buy yourself a bung to fit in the pipe into the first inspection chamber after the new connection.
Fit the bung and run water into the drain until it appears at the first point up stream from the new connection where you can see it - may be loo or next inspection chamber.
Stop filling the drain and the water level should not drop appreciably.
Note: tie a string round the bung and fix outside the inspection chamber before you start.
Note: if your system is clay pipes you are likely to get some seepage.
end[/quote]

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:29 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:09 am