Drainig heating system problem.....
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bcam
Apprentice
Apprentice

Drainig heating system problem.....

by bcam » Tue May 15, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi, I had previously posted regarding a dead boiler and thanks to some good advice from people on here i managed to trace the problem to a knackered pump, so i checked out ( in here again) how to drain the system. BUT unfortunately i have built my decking over the top of the outside drainer valve !!! I tried to remove the planking but some of the screws have threaded making it impossible for me to get to the valve, what i would like to know is is there any way possible i can drain the system without using the outside drainer tap? OR is there any way for me to replace the water pump with the system "live" so to speak??
Hope someone can help.
Cheers.
Bryan

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Drainig heating system problem.....

by bazza » Wed May 16, 2007 3:46 pm

[quote="bcam"]Hi, I had previously posted regarding a dead boiler and thanks to some good advice from people on here i managed to trace the problem to a knackered pump, so i checked out ( in here again) how to drain the system. BUT unfortunately i have built my decking over the top of the outside drainer valve !!! I tried to remove the planking but some of the screws have threaded making it impossible for me to get to the valve, what i would like to know is is there any way possible i can drain the system without using the outside drainer tap? OR is there any way for me to replace the water pump with the system "live" so to speak??
Hope someone can help.
Cheers.
Bryan[/quote]hi there hav u not got another draining point on one of your downstairs rads if not wat size heating pipes hav u got if 15mm u cud get a self cutting drain off and connect it close to a exit as u can then i advise u fit a permanant one in its place alternatevely u cud purchase a pipe freezer kit and freeze the pipe either side of the pump then u will b able to remove the pump they cost around £15 hope this helps

bcam
Apprentice
Apprentice

by bcam » Wed May 16, 2007 7:44 pm

Outstanding, cheers bazza not too sure about the pipe size, i'll check just now, can i get the stuff i need from a b+q or a plumbers yard?
Thanks again.
Bryan

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 pm

[quote="bcam"]Outstanding, cheers bazza not too sure about the pipe size, i'll check just now, can i get the stuff i need from a b+q or a plumbers yard?
Thanks again.
Bryan[/quote]hi yes any plumbers merchants will hav them but bfore u buy hav u checked that the pump u have can not be isolated cause most pumps hav isolating valves on them check the valves connected to the pump also dont forget to make a note of which way the wires connect so u can replace them back in same order gud luck

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1