DIY Doctor

Main navigation

draining central heating system

Postby homeedmum » Mon May 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Is it just a 'normal' piece of garden hosepipe that you need to drain the system or does it have to be a specific size.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:03 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Mon May 28, 2007 8:16 pm

normal hosepipe connested to a drain valve is ok, you may find it leaks abit so a jubilee clip can be used. Alternatively insert some 15mm copper pipe into the hose pipe and connect with a nut and ring to a radiator valve.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics