DIY Doctor

draining ch

Postby lanciabrad » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:40 pm

i want to move some rads around and guess i need to drain the central heating system, its off a combi but cant find a drain valve on any radiator???

any advise

many thanks
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:32 pm


Simply Build It

Postby aztecjon » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:12 pm

sound like u need to turn of the boiler and go to the lowest radiator in the house and undo the valve on the side. Any one will do. It will be messy so lots of bowls and towels. U can control the pressure of how much water comes out however by having someone on the highest radiator with a rad key adjusting how much air gets into the system.
good luk
Oh and fit a drain valve when this is done!

PS - i find a water hoover really handy for no mess. u can hire them really cheap
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics