Draining System - Gate Valve Seized and Need to Shut off Water Supply?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brummie1
Labourer
Labourer

Draining System - Gate Valve Seized and Need to Shut off Water Supply?

by brummie1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 pm

my gate valve is seized in airing cupboard and i need to shut off water supply to my bath what is the best and easiest way to acheive this?? i have an isolation valve on my hot water but i will be turning my bath around so this is useless is tying up my float valve in header tank an option will this stop hot and cold running to my taps??

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Draining System - Gate Valve Seized and Need to Shut off Water Supply?

by proptech » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi brummie1

Yes, you could tie up the float valve of the cold storage tank, or turn off the main, and drain the tank via the cold bath tap. I then suggest you replace the faulty gate valve, preferably with one made by Pegler.
I consider it good practice when installing a tank to fit a stop cock on the inlet, and a gate valve on each outlet - have a good look around, you may already have that arrangement, if not, why not deal with it now.

It's a good idea to check all stop cocks and valves every so often to prevent them seizing up, you never know when you might need them !

brummie1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Draining System - Gate Valve Seized and Need to Shut off Water Supply?

by brummie1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:43 pm

thanks for response i persume when header tank is drained that the water in the hot water cylynder will remain???

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:01 pm