Drayton MA1 Actuator - how to adjust setting
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mmca
Labourer
Labourer

Drayton MA1 Actuator - how to adjust setting

by mmca » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:23 pm

I recently had a Drayton MA1 Actuator fitted. Just before leaving the guy who fitted it thought there was some slight pipe vibration downstairs and asked his colleague to pop upstairs to turn down the MA1 from '3' to '2'. Our water does not get as hot as it did before the actuator was fitted and I think the vibration was there anyway with no problem. How do I turn the actuator back from '2' to '3', or is this not a user procedure? Will this make the water hotter? I don't want to be calling him back if this is a simple push button procedure. I assumed it was the blue switch on the side but I can't immediately see how or where to adjust it. Many thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 pm

The pump will have 3 settings on it - but not the actuator.

htg

mmca
Labourer
Labourer

by mmca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]The pump will have 3 settings on it - but not the actuator.

htg[/quote]

I see it now round the side of the tank. Sorry for dumb question. Many thnx for reply.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:52 pm

It wasn't a dumb question, it's not something homeowners/DITers will come across everyday - it's just a shame the plumber didn't explain what he meant - it may have saved you abit of time sorting the problem.

Is it sorted now ? all working to your satisfaction ?

htg

mmca
Labourer
Labourer

by mmca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Yup - it seems to be sorted. Cheers.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1