Dried out Damp Patch in Corner of Bedroom - Plaster and Render Powdery
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pope2141
Labourer
Labourer

Dried out Damp Patch in Corner of Bedroom - Plaster and Render Powdery

by pope2141 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 am

I have a 1900's terraced house. The top corner of the back bedroom had some damp issues, due to the old next door neighbors guttering butted up to our wall and leaking. This has now been fixed and the wall seems as though it has dried out. To start the silk paint had blistered so i tried scraping it off yesterday to re paint. However chunks of plaster started to come away with it, and the (I'm guessing) render behind it is very powdery. This render is about 2 inches thick before i hit the brick. The question is, is there anyway of sealing the wall and the powdery render without ripping it all out? If so/or not, what products should I used to get this wall back to being able to paint it again? The affected area is about a foot across, to about 2/3 feet down from the corner. With about a 4 inch patch that is dug out (with my fingers) to the brick, but around it feels loose and very powdery. Can someone help please?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Dried out Damp Patch in Corner of Bedroom - Plaster and Render Powdery

by welsh brickie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:36 pm

its the old lime plaster that your seeing, to stabilize it use a PVA solution you can find it at your local diy store

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 pm