DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Drilling holes through brick walls

Postby rhino.fog » Mon May 02, 2022 8:51 pm

As part of my extension, I now need to drill out 2 x holes for the toilet waste, 3 x holes for shower and bath water, 3 x holes for 75mm MVHR ducting and 2 x 150mm holes for the MVHR outside connections. Most of these are through the old outside brick cavity wall.

Are there companies that I can get in to undertake this sort of work or what trade would have the equipment to do these?

Advice on my best options would be appreciated.
rhino.fog
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby GR1587 » Wed May 04, 2022 2:08 pm

For drilling the holes, I’ve just had a builder out to bore 5”holes for vents in my cavity walls so should be a similar job.
GR1587
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby rhino.fog » Thu May 05, 2022 8:58 am

Thank you, I will post the job under general builders and see what responses I get.
I have found companies advertising Diamond core drilling but perhaps my job is a litle small for them.
rhino.fog
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!