DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Drilling into upvc door frame to hang metal bar

Postby Greek » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Can anyone advise me of the best way to drill into a upvc door frame to hang a metal bar to hook an aluminium fly screen to. Or any other easier options. All advice gratefully received. If I haven't made sense please let me know and I'll send pics.

Regards
Yvonne
Greek
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi greek
Your upvc frame will be a hollow box section maybe with a bracing web and/or some metal reinforcement. Drill with a small drill, say 2mm, to determine whether the location is ok for screwing into. If ok use wood screws to fix the metal bar in place. If the fly screen is heavy you may have to use 3/4/5 screw fixings.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Greek » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:40 pm

Thanks all. I was really beginning to stress about this, but your advice is clearly explained and the instructions are easy to follow.

Cheers
Yvonne
Greek
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!