Driveway over drainige ditch
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
keenan
Labourer
Labourer

Driveway over drainige ditch

Post by keenan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 am

Hi
I have a building plot which has a 4ft wide by 4ft deep drainage ditch along the side of the single track road that runs along the side of my building plot.
I need to cross this ditch in order to start work on the plot,but also need to find a permanent way of providing access to the plot for vehicles but without blocking the drainage ditch.
I also have to find a way that allows the water running off my drive which slops upwards from the single track road to enter the drainage ditch before washing accross the single track road.
Regards
Michael

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

Post by acsimpson » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:01 pm

[quote]...
I need to cross this ditch in order to start work on the plot[/quote]
4ft should be manageable with a running jump, failing that a pair of wellies may see you across safe and dry.

[quote],but also need to find a permanent way of providing access to the plot for vehicles but without blocking the drainage ditch.[/quote]
I'm no expert but you could put a cattle grid in place or build a bridge over it. It's probably cheaper to put some large diameter pipes into the ditch and build up on top of them. Best get some proffesionaly advice before hand though to ensure the result will be strong enough for the vehicles you plan to cross it.

[quote]I also have to find a way that allows the water running off my drive which slops upwards from the single track road to enter the drainage ditch before washing accross the single track road.[/quote]
It should be simple enough to incorporate a drainage channel in your drive which will divert the water into the ditch rather than onto the road.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

Post by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:08 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:01 pm