Drylining internal wall
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andyclark
Apprentice
Apprentice

Drylining internal wall

by andyclark » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:24 am

Hi,

I am drylining an interior wall as the plaster has come away from the lathes. But the top half of the wall seems sound. Do I leave the sound plaster and just dryline the bottom half or do you suggest I do the whole wall?

Cheers,

Andy

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Personally I'd strip the lot.

Cheers

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Oh yes! Remove the lot.
KB

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

paulwood
Labourer
Labourer

by paulwood » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:52 am

To carry out a good insulated dry lining installation it is essential the ceiling lining is completed. The surface that has to be dry lined must be clean and dry .Even bits of wall paper, loose plaster and dust will be detrimental for a good installation.
In places where heavy fixtures like sinks, wash basins etc. are to be installed on the wall, timber battens, metal or plastic anchors should be placed in place to take them after lining installation.
If holes for electro mechanical services or building features have to be accommodated on the linerboards these have to be done prior to fixing the dry liner boards.
All PVC insulated and sheathed electrical cabling should be run in conduit, casing or trunking prior to fixing panels.
The installation of Insulated Dry Lining in your existing property entitles you to make a claim for the grant too

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:27 pm