Dulux Undercoat not Curing After 4 Days
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dutchcloggie
Labourer
Labourer

Dulux Undercoat not Curing After 4 Days

Post by dutchcloggie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:38 pm

I thought I'd be brave and paint the kitchen instead of forking out thousands for a new one. I have done all the prep work to the letter, sanding, primer, sanding etc. But I have now run into trouble.
I have spray painted the oil-based undercoat (Dulux) on and after 4 days, the cabinet doors are still tacky. The paint is dry to the touch but as soon as I lift a door up, I leave fingerprints in the paintwork and if I hold it the wrong way, I can even push the paint around, as if the top 'skin' of the paint breaks and underneath it is still very tacky and wet-ish. See the attached picture.

I do know I made a mistake with the paint gun and used too much paint. My question is: will it dry eventually with just more time or is this never going to cure properly?

I don't mind if the answer is: too much paint but it will set eventually! That's the answer I'm hoping for!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Dulux Undercoat not Curing After 4 Days

Post by collectors » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:26 pm

I have had similar problems with Dulux, i fond the only way to get it drying fully was to get some heat into the room.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:36 am