Dyson DC08
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
martingregg
Labourer
Labourer

Dyson DC08

by martingregg » Tue May 29, 2007 10:43 am

No loss of suction my ass. My DC08 Animal is two years old. For the past few months the suction has been next to useless. I have cleaned the filter and still, every time I turn on the machine it sounds as if there is a blockage. There is great power from the motor, I have put my hand over the hole with the dust collector and cyclones removed so the 'blockage' is somewhere in the cyclone. How is this possible and how can I clean it since it says not to rinse this part with water?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:41 pm

buy a can of air spray, or if possible use some kind of air jet to clean all holes in the cyclone and filters.

solskjaer99
Labourer
Labourer

by solskjaer99 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:46 pm

Have a look in the yellow pages mate, and see if you can find a dyson service engineer. My missus hoovered up our hall after the plasterer had made a total mess, and my DC07 died. tried cleaning filters with compressed air etc to no avail. took it down to the Dyson guy and for £12 it was good as new. all he said was that it needed a service and a new filter but whatever he did it wasmoney well spent.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 am