Earthing a Steel sink
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SWEEP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Earthing a Steel sink

by SWEEP » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:06 pm

I am about to fit a stainless steel sink and understand that I need to earth the sink when fitting it.

Any advice gratefully received on whether this is needed.

Drives47
Labourer
Labourer

by Drives47 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:03 am

I think it's a legal requirement. I go to a lot of new builds and anything that might conduct electrickery is earthed. Steel sinks and baths now have a little tab on the bottom to hook an earth connection to. Mainly sinks because of thier proximty to electrickery. Hook a connection from the tab to the cold water mais feed in. But check this with a plumber. Don't take the word of a driver on it!

SWEEP
Apprentice
Apprentice

by SWEEP » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:02 pm

[quote="Drives47"]I think it's a legal requirement. I go to a lot of new builds and anything that might conduct electrickery is earthed. Steel sinks and baths now have a little tab on the bottom to hook an earth connection to. Mainly sinks because of thier proximty to electrickery. Hook a connection from the tab to the cold water mais feed in. But check this with a plumber. Don't take the word of a driver on it![/quote]

Thanks mate I am sure you are right.

By 47 I assume a class 47 loco? Or am I way off the mark?

Undermount-Sink
Labourer
Labourer

by Undermount-Sink » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:20 pm

I think Drives47 is expalined pretty much better but i have one more suggetion for you whenever you earthed your try to underground the earthing wire iit so it will safe for your childrens.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am